The lodge is nestled deep inside Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in southwest Uganda. This camp is one of the most remote and atmospheric in Africa.
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest impresses with a truly theatrical landscape – this is a region of volcanoes, jagged valleys, waterfalls, lakes and dramatic mountain ranges. And it is here, on a flat ridge high in the forest, that Sanctuary’s Gorilla Forest Camp is tucked away. This is the ideal base for encounters with the mountain gorillas that live in Bwindi.
Why Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp
- Frequently visited by gorilla families due to its unique location
- Exclusive camp with only eight tents, the perfect base for a once in a lifetime trip to track mountain gorillas
- Opportunity for community interaction, including the local Batwa Pygmies
- Specially customized sedan chairs with support and harness allows less able guests to be carried into the rainforest to track the gorillas in their natural habitat
- An established philanthropy project at Bwindi Community Hospital which guests can visit